Saturday, July 10, 2010
Let's have dessert first.
For my first Recipe I'd like to have dessert first. Since we will be having something sweet first it might as well be something somewhat healthy, so we will be making a whole wheat bread pudding. This recipe is simple, fool-proof, and quick to make.
2 Slices of German dark wheat bread. (It is okay to use other whole wheat breads or even regular bread as well)
1 large egg
1 cup of whole milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A full wheel or segment of Brie cheese
a couple drops of honey
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take the two slices of bread and tare off the crust. Next take the bread and toast the slices in a toaster oven until crispy, but NOT BURNT. Remove the toast from the toaster and tear the slices into small pieces about an inch wide.
3. Get out four small creme brulee ramekins and grease them with a spray of PAM (or any other spray grease). Take the pieces of torn up toast and distribute them evenly between the ramekins.
4. Take out a mixing bowl and combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar and honey with a whisk. After the ingredients are mixed together pour the mixture into the four ramekins equally. Be careful not to make the ramekins overflow as the mixture does expand while cooking, but after it cools the pudding will reduce in size.
5. Place the ramekins in the oven and let cook until the pudding has solidified. After cooking serve warm with a modest slice of brie cheese and enjoy!
If you do decide to make this recipe tell me how it turns out!